Policies and Guidlines
As a platform for talent and artistry, Zumpi focuses on allowing users to promote and upload content to further their career. We also promote good social media conduct which have been defined within the terms and conditions and other policies on this page. As we deeply care about the wellbeing of our users we do not tolerate abuse of any kind and below is a form to report any abuse, but we also know our users are passionate and enthusiastic so we have provided a feedback form for any suggestions for possible improvements.
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
This website zumpi.co.uk (the site) is run and maintained by Zumpi (“we”). Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide a platform which allows individuals in the music industry and related fields to connect and collaborate.
These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) cover the terms on which you may use the site, conduct your business and purchase products.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the site. By using the site, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms and Conditions, our Privacy Notice If you do not accept them, please do not use the site.
Where you are a ZumpiSelect user and we have created your profile on your behalf, these Terms and Conditions also apply.
USER RIGHTS OF ACCESS
You have permission for temporary, non-exclusive use of the site. We reserve the right to withdraw or change the content of the site and these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying you and without having any legal responsibility towards you.
You are not allowed to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, display, transmit, or distribute all or any part of the site.
You are also not allowed to license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the site and/or any documents or online resources on the site available to any third party.
You are responsible for configuring your own computer and software to access the material and content on our site including downloadable files. We do not warrant that the way we deliver data to you is compatible with your software or with the way your mobile device, computer or tablet is configured. Although we do our best to protect our site, we are not responsible for any viruses, bugs or similar issues. We advise that you use your own virus protection software to protect yourself.
You must treat all identification codes, passwords and other security information that you obtain from use of the site and (where applicable) for you to access parts of the site, as confidential. If we think you have failed to keep confidentiality, we may disable any such information, including your passwords and other codes.
You agree to follow our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you allow anyone else to use our site, you must make sure that they read these Terms and Conditions first, and that they agree to and follow them.
If you do not use the site according to the law and these Terms and Conditions, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely.
We frequently update the site and make changes to it, but we have no duty to do this. This means that content on the site may be out dated or incorrect. We will have no liability to you for any losses or damage you may suffer from your reliance on any of our materials.
We do not save your credit card details or share customer details with any third parties and we follow our Privacy Notice in handling information about you. By using the site, you agree to us handling this information and confirm that data you provide is accurate.
GENERAL RESTRICTION ON USE
We hereby authorise the uses of our service and platform dependant on the following distinct conditions outlined below. You also agree that negligence to comply with these condition will result in a breach of terms:
- You agree that the presented content is owned by you or you have permission to use it.
- The upload of your content on Zumpi does not breach Privacy right, copyrights and any other legal rights belonging to a person or organisation.
- You pledge that the content uploaded will not cause Zumpi to violate any legislative or regulatory responsibilities.
- You agree to not amend, change any section, part or component of the Zumpi website.
- You warrant to not circumvent or obviate any security features of Zumpi which either inhibits use of the service or makes the content/service inaccessible.
- You agree not to use or execute any program which could affect the performance of the service for yourself or any other users of Zumpi or associated services.
- You warrant not to gather any personal data from any user of the service.
- You warrant not to solicit for commercial reasons or for any or commercial organisation/business.
- You agree not to use, modify, recreate, distribute or sell any content without written authorisation by the owner of the content.
- You agree that your content will not be offensive, coarse, inflammatory, pornographic, intimidate, denigrate, hold racial/bigoted/xenophobic views, discriminate or contain religious intolerance.
- You agree that your content will not bring Zumpi into disrepute.
- You understand that you are responsible for the content you upload and we strongly renounce any liability related to any content, comment or post publishes on the Zumpi.
If any of these terms are breached we hold the right to amend or delete the content from the service and depending on severity(including but not limited to copy right infringement) permanently terminate your account without notice and at our decretion. If you are found to have created another account after termination without our permission, we hold the right to also terminate that account.
In using Zumpi you agree to allow us to exhibit, show, amend and disseminate your content on the service. YOU hold all the rights and ownership to your works and content but permit us to make your content available to users throughout the service.
You also understand that each user of the service will be permitted to access your content, share, create derived works and present such content as permitted by the functionality of Zumpi (also outlined in these terms).
Personal information or business information that you supply to us through the site, other than information that is in the public domain, will be treated confidentially and in line with our Privacy Notice. Confidential information will not be disclosed to any third party, including for the purposes of marketing, without your prior permission. We will only disclose your information if it is necessary for the performance of our services or where so required by law.
We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please ensure that you check for any changes regularly, as you are bound by them if you use of this site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site including any databases that hold relevant information about the site. They are protected by copyright or trademark registration and you may only use any such material and the documents in line with these Terms and Conditions and this paragraph specifically. If you do not use the materials in line with these Terms and Conditions and this paragraph specifically, you lose your right to use our site, and must destroy or return any copies of documents you have made of it or any part of it. We reserve all our rights conferred to us by law to remedy any such breach.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
We do not guarantee the accuracy of material on our site or the materials uploaded by our users, it is for your general information and you are responsible for the way you use its content.
We shall not limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any act, omission or matter, liability for which may not be excluded or limited under any Applicable Law.
We shall not be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, including:
- loss of profit;
- loss of goodwill;
- loss of savings; or
- loss of contract.
We also exclude, but only as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statute.
Although we try to make the site available at all times, we do not warrant that your use of the site will be uninterrupted. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer resulting from any interruptions, errors or the transfer of data and you acknowledge that the site may be subject to limitations, delays and other issues.
Any duty of care owed to you by us is owed to you alone and no duty of care is owed to any third party and we do not assume any responsibility to any third party in respect of the performance of our duties to you.
To begin using Zumpi you will be required to create and account, the information you provide us must be complete and accurate. If this is found to be false it may result in your account being ceased.
It is imperative that your password is kept confidential, any breach should be notified to us immediately.
You agree that all content and activities performed under your account will be your responsibility.
Usernames that belong to another person, organisation or group are not permitted unless legally permitted. Usernames of an offensive or crude nature also may not be used.
These terms will only cease to apply if your account is terminated by either you or Zumpi. If you decide to terminate your account you can delete your account or notify (In writing) Zumpi to do so on your behalf. This will end your legal agreement with Zumpi unless you create another account and at this point the terms will again become a legal agreement between yourself and Zumpi.
Zumpi may also terminate its legal agreement with you if the terms are breached or Zumpi is requested to by law e.g. providing the service to you becomes unlawful. We may also terminate your account if it is no longer commercially viable to provide you the service. We also hold the right to voluntary dissociate ourselves from yourself if needs be.
LINKS TO OUR SITE OR OTHER SITES
You are allowed to make a link to our site’s homepage from your website if the content on your site meets the standards of our Acceptable Use Policy and provided you do not suggest any endorsement by us or association with us unless we provide agreement in writing. We reserve the right to end this permission at any time.
Links from our site to other sites are only for information. We do not accept any responsibility for other sites, the accuracy of their content or any loss you may suffer from using and relying on them.
If you do anything which is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (such as for example introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material) your right to use the site will end immediately, we will report you to the relevant authorities and provide them with details of your identity.
You must not try to obtain access to our server or any connected database or make any ‘attack’ on the site.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any matters arising in connection to this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Your use of the service is at your own risk and understand that you may be exposed to content that is incorrect, obscene, vulgar or offensive to you. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Zumpi with respect to any such Content.
If you have any questions or a complaint about the service provided by us, please send us an email at email@example.com or use the online complaint form to make your complaint.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Thank you for visiting our website www.zumpi.co.uk (our site). This is our Acceptable Use Policy and by using our site, this policy applies to you and you agree with it as part of our Website Terms and Conditions.
The terms in our Acceptable Use Policy may change, so we advise you to check this page because when you use our site, you are bound by it.
This site is run and maintained by Zumpi (“we”). Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
USE OF OUR SITE
You agree not to use this site for any of the following purposes:
- to break any laws or regulations;
- to do anything fraudulent, or which has a fraudulent effect;
- to harm or attempt to harm minors;
- to do anything with material that does not meet our content standards (these are listed below);
- to copy in any way or re-sell any part of our site;
- to interfere with or damage any part of our site, equipment, network, software or storage arrangements;
- for unsolicited advertising material (known as spam);
- to transmit any data or material that is harmful to other programs, software, or hardware.
Our content standards apply to all material that you contribute either to our site or to our interactive services.
Your contributions must be accurate (if they are factual), genuine (if they state opinions) and within the law.
Your contributions must not be defamatory, obscene or offensive, likely to deceive, harass, annoy, threaten, or invade someone else’s privacy. Your contributions must not promote material that is sexually explicit, promote violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, age, disability, or sexual orientation, infringe anyone else’s intellectual property, be used to impersonate anyone, or misrepresent anyone’s identity or encourage or assist anything that breaks the law.
Where we provide use of interactive services, we will tell you clearly about the service, we will tell you what form of moderation we use for the site, we will try to assess risks on the site and will moderate if we think it is appropriate.
We are not however required to moderate our interactive service and we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to anyone who does not use our site according to our standards (whether or not we have moderated the service).
Our services are not intended for the use of minors under the age of 13.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
If we believe you are in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy, we will take whatever steps we think are necessary to address this, including stopping your use of the site temporarily or permanently, removing material you have put on the site or any of our social media groups, sending you a formal warning, taking legal action and / or telling the relevant authorities.
We will not be held liable for any of your costs arising from any actions we take to deal with any breach of this policy.
Welcome to our privacy notice. Zumpi (”we, the Company”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide directly through this website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will use it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), we are the data controller. Our ICO registration number is ZA481722.
You may contact us to find out more about the way we use personal data via email at email@example.com.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
If we need to process the data you provide us to fulfil our service and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the service, in which case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. We will of course notify you if we need to cancel the product or service.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE?
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us about you. You give us this information by filling in forms on our website (www.zumpi.co.uk) that you may access directly or through another website, or by corresponding with us by e-mail. It only includes basic personal data required for us to communicate with you if you become a customer, and for you to be able to use our site, subscribe to our service and report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your full name, e-mail address, photographs, your musical genre, and the skills you possess (e.g. song writing, choreography, videography).
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- our communications with you or between you and other users on the website;
- content statistics (e.g. likes, views, plays);
- technical information, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, ad data and platform; and
- information based on your activities on the website, including the mobile network information, full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (e.g. business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive personal data about you from other sources and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We will only use personal data when the law allows us to. You will not be subject to decisions based on automated data processing without your prior consent. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- to ensure that our service is delivered efficiently, including where we wish to notify you of any changes to the service, generate relevant content, tailor the website to your interests, and improve your visibility to potential collaborators;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, which we feel may interest you or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the service, to deal with inquiries and complaints relating to the use of the service and to notify you about any changes to our service;
- to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our service;
- to produce reports which may be used, sold, or published by us at our sole discretion provided that any data or reports will be anonymised and not refer to any individual user of the services;
- for internal record keeping and marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that we provide;
- for security purposes;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and
- to investigate potential breach of our terms and conditions.
We may also use your information to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters and marketing communications at either your request or with your consent when completing a registration form for the service You may opt out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us in writing, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the email that you receive.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this privacy notice.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your contact details and technical data that we collect about you, such as your IP address and the way you browse our website to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services through us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
Where you opt-out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any external company for marketing purposes.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to know how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Upon registration, your username and user ID will be linked to your activity on the website and displayed with the information provided on your profile (including your profile picture) and any of your communications on the website (e.g. personal messages and comments). Your username and profile will also be displayed in search results when you meet the specific search criteria.
You acknowledge and agree that from time to time we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- select business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
Other than as expressly set out in this privacy notice or as otherwise required or permitted by law, we will not share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide us without your consent.
We will disclose your personal information (i) to any third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to fulfil your orders and provide you with any service which you have subscribed to; (ii) where required to do so by law or court order; and (iii) to any person to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to enforce our rights under this privacy notice or under our Terms and Conditions.
This includes when:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- The company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
All personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK.
For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers inside the EEA.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data inside of the EEA.
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and incorporate a four attempt temporary lock-out system if log-in credentials are not correct.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website at transmission stage; any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We generally retain your data for two (2) years.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We are required under UK tax law to keep basic personal data about our customers (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You can ask us to delete your data in some circumstances. See below for further information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Our website may contain links to websites or access to plug-ins and applications. We do not control and accept any liability or responsibility for third-party websites. This privacy notice is not applicable to other websites. Please consult the terms and conditions and privacy policies of third-party websites to find out how they collect and use your personal data.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM
All communications and actions carried out on third-party social media platforms will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those websites. Please note that we will never ask for your personal or sensitive information through social media platforms. Please only discuss sensitive information through email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which allow you to share web content quickly on a social media platform. Please use such buttons at your discretion as the third-party platform may track and save your request.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and notified to you by e-mail. By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to the changes that have been made, and any future changes, to the policy.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
We may also share information collected via cookies with third parties for this purpose.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
DO WE USE OTHER COOKIES?
Some of our pages or subsites may use additional or different cookies to the ones described above. If so, the details of these will be provided in their specific cookies notice page. You may be asked for your agreement to store these cookies.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
Firstly may I say that we do not tolerate any abuse of any kind and we have made it very clear in the terms and conditions that abuse of any kind is not accepted by us. Please can you enter a description of the abuse you have experienced and we will investigate this further. We will contact you if we require further information.
Please leave any feedback and if you are having any issues with the website please fill in the form below.